Monday, August 17, 2009

Woodstock: The Anti-Drug


Everybody's been talking...so it seems...about the 40th anniversary of Woodstock. Dateline even did an hour special on it a week or so ago. That show wasn't bad, interviewing many who were actually part of the event in 1969. The closest I came to being there were the stories I got from my brother Matt who (it seems to me) went without permission from either of our parents. I was 16 at the time & he wouldn't be 18 for another month & a half but he had a friend of a friend who was going kind of thing that he took advantage of and so became part of an historical event by hitching a ride with someone he knew only vaguely. The funny thing is neither of us realized any historical significance at the time. He talked about the music of course, but also about the drugs, the mud & my favorite story of the good looking naked "woman" with the long blonde hair he & his stoned friends saw from the back who, when "she" turned around, was a naked guy!! That story still makes me chuckle but it just may be the story that kept me away from anything more potent than....well let's just say........that high I have NEVER been!! Thanks Matt.

You may have to copy & paste but here's a look at Hendrix doing Purple Haze at Woodstock

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cIvs4j4IniA

No comments:

Post a Comment